We are all weeks into lock down and its certainly a massive roller-coaster ride!
Whilst many are so happy with the lovey break from the rush & busy days we 'used' to lead, we are also faced with days where things are just plain tough.
Here are our top activities for kids at home, during lock down :)
1. Building Cubbies/Tents- Whether you just use a few dining chairs with blankets over them- or have a pop up beach tent, you can't go wrong with a Cubby! Set one up and fill it with board games, books, colouring and snacks. Add a movie on an iPad and you have an activity that is bound to keep any child happy
2. Cooking- Anything from cupcakes/cookies/cakes to helping with dinners. Kids love to cook & eat
3. Trampoline time- If you don't have one, it might be time to invest in one. Trampolines are a great way to get kids out of the house, and burn some energy. Play with attachable basketball hoops or even play poison ball whilst jumping. A sprinkler underneath is always a winner too!
4. Water balloon fights- Whether you have Bunch-o-Ballons for easy water balloon creating or just the plain 'old school' water balloons you fill from the tap (note- this takes longer to do and will ensure a much longer time is had!)- there is no one who wont enjoy this activity
5. Gardening- Just prior to lock down I started my own Veggie garden & growing all sorts of things from seeds. Within 6-8 weeks we have a flourishing garden which is fabulous for the kids to watch and care for
6. House Party/ Facetime- What a great saviour for our kids to remain connected with their beautiful friends. Whilst I think its very important to supervise and ensure your children are using these programs correctly & safely- they are a fabulous way of keeping in touch
7. Just Dance- Yes that's right- Dance. And you don't have to have a game console to do so. Just log onto u-Tube and type in Just Dance and you will get many videos come up which your kids can watch and dance along to!
8. Craft- Painting, drawing, gluing, making pet rocks, play Doh, Slime, etc - the list goes on.
Please add any comments on anything that's been great for you & your kids! We would love to hear :)
Stay well (& sane) Michaela xx